Friday, April 13, 2012

Gelato

This batch when poured, looks just like Italian Gelato (my husband's word when he saw it)!  Made me want to just take a spoon and scoop some into my mouth, see for yourself!

























I really am debating for a long time what to call this soap.  It is made with 100% soy milk and fresh pineapple juice and scented with a mix of fragrance that includes fruits and coconut.  Some one from my soap maker friends had suggested the name Pina Soylada because of the pineapple juice and coconut scenting.  Unfortunately the coconut note did not survive the lye... sigh.  If any of you know a good coconut fragrance oil that can survive cold process soaping and not smell like vanilla, PLEASE let me know because I have not found one.  The final cut bars smell like fresh spa filled with fruits.  Any good name suggestion is welcome!


16 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful!! I'm in love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, it looks absolutely edible! You did a fantastic job on this soap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some gorgeous soap! I love the glitters and other sprinkles on top, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I guess I forgot to mention that it's blueberry seeds I sprinkled on top.

      Delete
  4. OMG,what a fantastic soap! Lovely gelato for the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yammi!
    Did you ever try "Coconut" from Gracefruit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I can but Gracefruit is all the way in Scottland, shipping would have costed me an arm & a leg!

      Delete
  6. This is still one of the most lovely soaps I have seen <3
    How about Tropical Sorbet? I use that name for one of mine and am happy to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The words yummy and scrummy come to mind - totally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Soap Emily! Very Pretty :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking Italian Ice, or Tropical Ice so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, one more gorgeous soap... stunning beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gelato made it on The Soap Bar blog.... :D
    -xo Joanna

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis