Sunday, September 21, 2014

Confetti Soap

I have been ignoring my blog recently since my summer vacation to Jordan and Turkey.  No specific reason, just hard to getting back into the mood.  I would stare at my soap in the curing area or even in front of my computer screen with my soap photos and just draw a blank.  I guess I just have to make something to get going.  Prior to my vacation i did a series of pink and red colorant testing and got all these pink and red soap not for sale.  That's a lot of pink and reds.  The easiest way to reuse these soap is by grating them down (which is pretty mindless to do) and add them to a fresh batch of soap for confetti style soap.


This one is particularly interesting as I did not know using black oxide can get you glycerin river too.  I usually get glycerin river with using water dispersible titanium dioxide which is a whitening agent to create bright white soap.




10 comments:

  1. As all your soaps these also turned out so beautiful! This black one is really breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have truly inspired me... This weekend I am finally going to grate up that geranium lemongrass soap I have at home that is not selling and make confetti soap! Thank you for sharing your beautiful soaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both soaps are beautiful, Emily! The confetti soaps are so bright and cheerful, and the black and gold soap is so dramatic-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -What a fun soap. Also, your summer vacation sounds amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your soaps! I was wondering about your beautiful dark-colored soaps. I fond that when I use colors intensely (especially dark ones) my soaps give dark colored bubbles. I know it doesn't diminish the quality of soaps, but it may turn people away slightly.
    Do you find it with your soaps or you found a way of dealing with bubble coloration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the majority of the soap is in dark color then I put just enough to color the batter than gel the soap to get the final deep color I want, that way I don't get saturated color suds. For example, the black soap was only colored to grey then I gelled it to black.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so very much for your help! Tip greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, I am just a new starter at soap making, I can see I have a lot to learn but wonder do you gel all of your coloured soaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I don't gel my soap unless it gels itself or for intensifying the colors I'm aiming for.

      Delete
  8. Amazing... Cute oh your soap so lovely

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis