If you have not seen my video making soap with Berry Pomegranate juice yet you might want to watch it first before reading further, click here Left Over Holiday Juice - Berry Pomegranate
I was anticipating the oxidation of the juice that would turn my soap final color to some sort of tan. Tan undertone can be challenging when you try to do a nice color swirl because it just put everything in a muted tone. When I first cut the soap it was a nice butter beige base color and my pink/red swirl looked so nice and in harmony. I thought the titanium dioxide I put actually worked. But no I spoke too soon! Now that it's few days later after it's cut, the nice soft buttery beige had turned to toffee. I used neon hot pink hoping to compensate the oxidation effect failed also. It has turned my pink into some kind of orange. The only color pulled through is the merlot red mica... sigh. Oh well, time for me to accept the outcome! At least I tried!
See, this was the first cut right out the mold. Look how nice that buttery beige looked!