Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First Trial Live Video Soaping Session

About a month ago I announced the decision on my Facebook page to run a trial for the potential offering on live video style soaping session hosted by me.  I figured, there's no point talking about it over and over, just put it into action and see what happens, it's called trial and error!
Thanks to all 5 volunteered participants!  We did it using free Google Hangout, not without glitches but no major failure either.  Here are some photos from the session:

LeeAnn Atwood from Dairy-Aire Craft & Gifts

Louise Vargas from SoGa Soap & CupFakery

Deborah Jones from Peculiar People (UK) 

I pre-made a demo log before the session to show:

Then I made one during the session:

Thanks to this first trial I got to experience what it's like live on teleconference style soaping.  There's a lot to improve in terms of session sequencing and most importantly, the hosting media.  For sure 2nd or even 3rd trial is needed.  If you are interested in volunteering, have a look out at my Facebook page, I will announce it when I'm ready.

Don't you want to learn more about how to make multi-color layering (gradient) soap?  There are so much more I can offer.  Be on a look out in the very near future!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful soap and fantastic initiative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea Emily! The soaps all turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun idea and I bet that everyone involved had such a fun time. The soaps turned out terrific and I love all the bright colors that were used. =)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis