Monday, July 18, 2011

River Rocks, at least that's what I think I was making!

Last week I attempted making M&P rocks.  It came out ok, not spectacular, but acceptable.  This week, I moved on to using other medium to make more rocks!  I wouldn't call this rebatch since I didn't really melt it in heat.  It's more like I made some CP soap, shredded up finely within a week while it is still relatively soft.  I shredded one bowl of ivory white with some peach swirl, and an other bowl with pink, red, and black.  Then I just randomly took globs with my fingers from both bowls and kneaded into organic rock like forms.  Well, at least I think that's what I was making!  After letting the rocks dry out a little, I took them to the sink and gently tumbled them under warm water.  Now they carry slight sheen on the surface like river rocks.

6 comments:

  1. Yep, that's what I do, too. I've even read of folks "burnishing" them with a stainless steel spoon. It ends up looking nice and shiny, but it's a lot of work. Love the colors you used for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth! None of my family members think they look like rocks... the comment is they look too clean to be rocks... sigh. I might just try your suggestion, use a spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look absolutely wonderful! Definitely the type of rocks that I would find myself picking up from the ground to take home with me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're fabulous! Don't let anyone else tell you differently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They caught my eye right away. I collect rocks + agates,+ I think these look pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They caught my eye right away. I collect rocks + agates,+ I think these look pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis