Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Great Cakes Soapworks surprised me with this Versatile Blogger Award yesterday, thanks Amy!
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1 – Make a post and link it back to the person who gave you the award (and include their website address)
2 – Share 7 random things about yourself
3 – Award 7 recently discovered bloggers with this award and contact them to let them know they have won

Hum... what do I want you to know about me...

1.  I'm Chinese, or as my honey calls me, his China woman. It's ok, I got him back by calling him my banana (you know, yellow outside, but totally white inside)!  Oh, don't worry, it's all good, we are just silly like that, no harm intended!  My family immigrated to the US when I was 13... or maybe 14... honestly, it was so long ago I don't remember...  Don't even try to guess my age!

2.  Till today I still have trouble pronouncing "L" and "R" all in one word.  My honey likes to make me say "Ferrari" or "the color of my collar," it amuses him every time I try.  So to return a favor, I laugh at his English style Chinese (backward grammar).  I remember clearly how difficult it was for me to learn English in High school.  I didn't understand why everyone talks backwards!

3.  My most recent favorite movie is Star Trek (2009).  I swear, I'm not geeky!

4.  I got a nickname, Evily, from one of my ex-coworkers.  He wrote on my dusty car hood one day that I should take the "M" out of my name and substitute it with "V" because Emily is too nice for my feisty personality.  I actually like it!  And now it has been my little sporty's (car) license plate.


5.  I rarely eat chocolate and I don't like anything vanilla.  I know, I'm weird.

6.  I'm obsessed with shinny object (actually just diamonds and gemstones, yes honey you have to keep on buying them!), oh and fur, dead or alive, sorry vegans...  I love any animal with fur, short or long.  Currently I only own one, my Sushi cat.  Doesn't he look like white rice wrapped with black seaweed?!
(Closed caption by Sushi: Mom stop pointing that "thing (camera)" at me, leave me alone!)

 7.  Ok, last one, my all time favorite color is purple (any shades), the least favorite is hunter green (yuck).

Now, my nominations are:
In the interst of Annie
Tenth Avenue Soapworks
DelightfulU
Anita's La La Land
Two Blooms Design Studio

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Thank you for playing along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha~ oh, I love your sushi cat! I also love this post, really cute! Thanks for including me in the game. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to come home and see this! I am doing mine tomorrow morning when I have a minute to think. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis