Friday, February 17, 2012

Papaya Paradise

I'm not a big fan of papaya, as eating fruit that is, therefore naturally I chose to soap it when I received a small papaya as a gift.  What does papaya bring to the table?  This is what I found online:

"It is excellent in stabilizing oily skin & working as an exfoliant on dry areas. Papaya also is often used in skin products for the purpose of a natural lift & rejuvenation of the skin. Papaya contains Vitamin A, a property that benefits skin repair through increasing the rate of new cell formation. Vitamin C is also an anti-oxidant with wonderful proteins for smoother, softer skin."

I also heard that papaya helps lighten age spots and discoloration on the skin.  Whether that is true or not I have no idea.  But I do know papaya extract is used a lot in cosmetics in tropical Asia.  I made 2 batches with the papaya, one for the body which contains some artificial colorant and fragrance, and the other for the face which has natural clay and essential oil for extra pampering!  These 2 batches are also loaded with aloe vera, silk, local honey, and coconut milk.  This is the ultimate Papaya Paradise treatment for sure!

These are the facial bars with added Australian Reef Red Clay and scented with essential oil blend of Geranium, Ylang-ylang, Bergamot, dark aged Patchouli, and West Indian Sandalwood.  You can still see the tiny little speckles of papaya puree.

 This is the body version with added pink clay and orange mica for coloring and scented with powdery honey fragrance.

17 comments:

  1. That all looks delicious. I especially like the sound of the facial bars. Hm...I might need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to do a soap swap? I'll send you a set of these goodies!

      Delete
    2. i would love to order a puck.. what do you use for a mold, the soap looks like ahuge piece? jennyfilip@yahoo contact me.. thanks a bunch.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful combination of facial and body, congratulations! Lovely color and I like the idea of papaya! Eating papaya I like lilikoi juice with lilikoi seeds sprinkled on top or lime juice. Ah when will these be cured?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great colour and I love the round shape ... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this soap looks so delicious :)

    Great :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love papaya and this looks awesome! Can you/Will you share your recipe with us? I love handmade soap! Yummm Makes me feel good all over, and the best part . . . NO dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing soaps! I am stunned how you come up with new ideas all the time! And the ingredients you use... gosh, you must spend a fortune! I am always looking forward to your new post!

      Delete
    2. Debrah, there's no specific recipe needed, any soap recipe can use papaya purée. All I did was using 1/2 water to dissolve lye then use 1/2 papaya purée + coconut milk + honey for the rest. This is not recommended for beginners, only if you have cold process soap experience!

      Delete
  6. If you had asked me 5 minutes ago if I would EVER use papaya in a soap, I would have vehemently said no, it is sacrilege, rather put it in your mouth! However, looking at these gorgelicious soaps I have this heavenly vision of making a papaya soap, gracefully stirring it to trace while sipping a tall glass of smooth, cold papaya juice and little soap angels playing their harps. Thanks for the 'creative playground'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthis-Rose, I know, papaya is a waste in soap, but it is so creamy I'm in love with it!

      Delete
    2. It looks divine and if I can stop myself from not eating it all I might have some to give this a try one day!

      Delete
  7. Those are darling! What mold do you use for your 'puck' soaps? It looks so creamy. Does the papaya smell come though?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! this looks so gorgeous! I have a question for you as I am also interested in making papaya soap, did the puree turn brown after some time or did it stay orange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't turn brown, it stays beige. If you use little pink or orange color ants it will keep that nice color.

      Delete

ShareThis