Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm Slacking Because Of The Sunshine!

I admit, I've been missing in action on my blog which I post in average twice a week, sometimes more since I started.  I blame this on the sunshine!  We've been in crappy winter weather for so long!  It has been gorgeous for the past week or so with lots and lots of bright sunshine!  How can I stay indoor when the sun is calling for me outside?!  I'm glad I went out and enjoyed it while it lasted, I hear it's going to rain, AGAIN!
Despite all the slacking I still managed to make two batches of soap in totally different styles with the same new natural ingredient I'm trying out - coconut water.  The first batch had so much promise, it was done in peacock swirl, but ended up ashing and discoloring so badly.  I'm not going to show you how ugly it got, maybe next time when I finally accept the out come, LOL.  Live and learn, the 2nd batch came out perfect!  It's a mix of fragrance oils that smells spicy floral with hints of powdery honey!  I present you Selena, the goddess of moon!

14 comments:

  1. Once again, I am floored by your use of texture and color!! And that wasn't even part of the challenge, LOL! Beautiful soaps, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfect!! Enjoy the weather while it's stil sunny ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are absolutely beautiful. That pink is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those colours are soooo pretty, i love it :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the sunshine, it's been gorgeous up here in the Pacific Northwest, we even had a whole weekend full of wonderfully sunny weather. I love this soap, it's cute, glittery and so colorful, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely goddess of the moon and the stars scattered across the universe! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selena is gorgeous! Love the colorful swirls, embeds, and glittery tops. It looks like a lot of work and love went into this batch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, really nice! I love those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors!! I love them :)
    bis
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really wonderful! Did you make a video of the process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I did not... If you like this style of soaping I will put that on my video list to film!

      Delete

ShareThis