Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Using Cookie Cutter and Piping Tips for Soap

I am amazed how much patience a cake chef has, especially when decorating a cake, it is so time consuming!  I don't bake, this is as close to "baking" as I ever get by using cake decorating techniques in soap making.  By combining the use of cookie cutter and piping tips your soap can look very 3D like these:
Little flower and butterflies were cut ahead of time using these cutters and some left over scrap soap pieces:
The metal ones I acquired from a local Japanese store and the plastic plunger style ones are from online purchase.  They are all common kitchen tools.
With cut line markings on the mold as a guide I used piping tips for the branches and leaves.  You might think piping the branches is hard, actually it's the easiest thing to pipe, the more you wiggle the more realistic it looks.
If you can't find a piping tip like the one on the left, there's an easy DIY tip, just cut a diamond shape out of a piping bag like the image on the right, which is exactly what I did because the tip I have at home is too big for the job.


There are so many different cookie cutters on the market, the possibility is endless.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, those are beautiful! I never have enough patience to decorate my soaps like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. Your soaps look so beautiful. I probably will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soaps are always so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing your techniques. I bought piping tips and still haven't tried using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this! Thanks so much for sharing :) I've used cookie cutters for embeds and on top of soap but never with such detail and piping. I'm totally trying ~ thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwww! Beautiful soaps. Too pretty to use:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it before the yellow was introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute and amazing designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this beautiful soap. This is soap artistry, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for teaching us. I wish for your generosity to return to you a thousand fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those florals and just the idea of "cookie cutters" make me so excited to use my new molds from http://www.bulkapothecary.com/categories/soap-making-supplies.html for a holiday "autumn" gift! I've been thinking of doing some sort of cornucopia, and after seeing the detail you've got here, my mind is made up! Thank you for your soapmaking inspiration! Also, what a great reminder that soap making supplies can be found easily at any kitchen store.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis