Friday, July 1, 2011

Scrub Recipe Trial Continued - New Recipe!

If you have not read my long post about 3 very different recipes I got from various websites, please go back to this link first: Previous Sugar Scrub Post
This is a continuation of my sugar scrub recipe testing because I recently found another good one and got to try it out!
#4 with cetyl alcohol
10% emulsifying wax
5% cetyl alcohol
5% stearic acid
20% butter
56% liquid oil
1% Vitamin E
2% fragrance or essential oil
1% Preservative

This is my cheap double boiler setting: one silicone cup in another silicone cup, fill water in between then microwave it up slowly.
 I let it cool down in the fridge to buttery, then beat it up.
 Then I used 40% of the above mixture and 60% of sea salt.
Hey, it's 4th of July!
 I'm really liking this one.  I tested it in the sink, feel very promising!  It's looking kind of runny like lotion at first, then I cooled it down some more in the fridge, it turned muddy!  I think it needs to be tweaked a little for summer as the room temperature is high enough to melt.

Everyone, have a great Independence Day weekend!

1 comment: